family In The Wars

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir


This beautiful choir, the voices that blend so harmonically, had a concert for the 9/11 sufferers, which could be likened to the world in general. I love this choir, and all the music it performs, whether it be The Star Spangled Banner, I Love America, Hymns, songs of Jerusalem and so many, many more, the music always inspires me and tugs at my heart stings. I can never tire of them

9/11 and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Even now it seems strange that America’s worst day in my lifetime turned out to be one of the most spiritual — a day that is remembered with a deep sense of reverence by thousands in my profession from all across the country, most of whom are not members of the LDS Church. Added to the indelible imprint left by the horrors of 9/11 was a most remarkable concert performed by the Tabernacle Choir and presided over by President Gordon B. Hinckley and his counselors in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Even today, people from distant cities light up when they find out I’m from Utah, almost always starting with, “Were you …” and I know that they’re going to ask about the concert. Here’s how it happened.

See the rest on Utah news

No comments: