Slim Dusty's Walk A Country Mile is a tough but often hilarious trip through the mulga. It is told by a man who started his singing career as a farm boy with cowdung on his boots and became Australia's most successful country music performer...and a bush legend.
On that long road to success Slim Dusty has busked for a bob in trains and pubs, owned the biggest tent show on the country showgrounds, and hauled caravans around the ocntinent taking his music to the back of beyond. He has sung just about everywhere from outback cattle camps to Sydney's Opera House.
In this book, written in co-operation with John lapsley, well-known as a feature writer for the Australian, Slim Dusty tells about his lifetime of music, about the places he's been, the people he's met, the friends he has made. And he tells the true story behind his best-known song, "A Pub With No Beer."
View all my reviews >>
I read this to my brother Chris while he was in Brightwater. I used to read a chapter each time I visited him then play some Slim Dusty music
No comments:
Post a Comment