So we went bush my son Les and I. He was on afternoon shift at the Mt Tom Price mine and I was still desiring to 'kick dirt' as any good geographer would do in studyuing the area on my field trip from Curtin University. And being a male of course...he took the wheel of my Feroza with an outraged mother beside him. We headed out into the surrounding scrub on the rim of the Hamersly Range, literaly scrub bashing across rough, broken ground, pushing through grasping, squeaking, scratching trees and shrubs, and down stony, pebbly dry creek beds. Morning tea was had in the dry Bellary Creek bed. When I asked him why he went bush when he was outraged at the state of my four-wheeler when I landed at his home after a long, wet, slithery, muddy drive, he said he wanted to test the mettle of my little vehicle. Hmm! I noticed he never offered to use his Landcruiser. Might scratch it! Well, I saw the scrub of cassias, thorn bushes, wattles and gums, and the stony, broken ground that not even the kangaroos were interested in except for bounding through, investigated the outside of the Feroza thoroughly for external damage, and marvelled at this wide brown land I live in that can be so inhospitable.Wednesday, September 9, 2009
So we went bush my son Les and I. He was on afternoon shift at the Mt Tom Price mine and I was still desiring to 'kick dirt' as any good geographer would do in studyuing the area on my field trip from Curtin University. And being a male of course...he took the wheel of my Feroza with an outraged mother beside him. We headed out into the surrounding scrub on the rim of the Hamersly Range, literaly scrub bashing across rough, broken ground, pushing through grasping, squeaking, scratching trees and shrubs, and down stony, pebbly dry creek beds. Morning tea was had in the dry Bellary Creek bed. When I asked him why he went bush when he was outraged at the state of my four-wheeler when I landed at his home after a long, wet, slithery, muddy drive, he said he wanted to test the mettle of my little vehicle. Hmm! I noticed he never offered to use his Landcruiser. Might scratch it! Well, I saw the scrub of cassias, thorn bushes, wattles and gums, and the stony, broken ground that not even the kangaroos were interested in except for bounding through, investigated the outside of the Feroza thoroughly for external damage, and marvelled at this wide brown land I live in that can be so inhospitable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment