family In The Wars

Friday, October 12, 2012

Baptisms of little babies - the real doctrine

And this message by Elder Shayne M. Bowen from the October 2012 Semi-Annual General Conference brought joy to my heart. It is about the death of many babies who were not baptised into other churches beofr ethey died just afte they were born. I had this experience with my uncle, Dad's little brother who was either stillborn or lived for about an hour after he was born. Bronte Nanna had the Spanish Influenza in 1919 and was very ill, consequently her pregnancy was affected and the little boy was born early and buried unnamed in the Tamworth Cemetery. It took me sometime to get the information needed to have this little one sealed to my grandparents. It was done two weeks ago and I felt such peace. The little fellow now has his parents and no doubt a name! Indeed the Lord's Church is wonderful. The truth has been restored to bless those beyond the veil and ourselves.
Elder Shayne M Bowen said this in part, speaking of a very troubled lady who got upset when he spoke the words regarding little infants as written in the Book of Mormon in Moroni :
She said, “Oh, no, Elder, you haven’t done anything wrong. Six years ago I had a baby boy. He died before we could have him baptized. Our priest told us that because he had not been baptized, he would be in limbo for all eternity. For six years I have carried that pain and guilt. After reading this scripture, I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true. I have felt a great weight taken off of me, and these are tears of joy.”
I was reminded of the teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, who taught this comforting doctrine: “The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again.”2
After she suffered almost unbearable grief and pain for six years, the true doctrine, revealed by a loving Father in Heaven through a living prophet, brought sweet peace to this tormented woman. Needless to say, Sister Ramirez and her children who were eight years and older were baptized

No comments: