family In The Wars

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Henry B. Eyring Sunday Morning session October 2012

I have been thinking a lot of late about the problems between Murray and Terri and myself. I hhave even considered dropping in, or texting a message to say I was coming. So far I have not done anything about the problem for fear of causing another great caffoufle which Dan might  hear of and he would go around there in an abusive mood and into fisticuffs or something. I wont have brother fighting brother. Not that I have done anything to cause all this. Terri is just angry because I moved into Les' home and they want to sell to get their quarter share of the money. Les Junior's' wife Sue is angry for the same reason. Greed! With a depressed property market at this time, it is not a good idea to sell. So sad. I love my guys, love Terri and tried to love Sue, but she is sly and nasty. But all four sons of mine were agreeable when speaking after Les Senior's funeral that I should move in and Heavenly Father also wanted me to move. In the Sunday Morning Session of the Semi Annual Conference being held, the October 2012 conference, Henry B. Eyring, 1st Counselor in the First Presidency, had this to say in his remarks:

The pavilion that seems to be hiding you from God may be fear of man rather than this desire to serve others. The Savior’s only motivation was to help people. Many of you, as I have, have felt fear in approaching someone you have offended or who has hurt you. And yet I have seen the Lord melt hearts time after time, including my own. And so I challenge you to go for the Lord to someone, despite any fear you may have, to extend love and forgiveness. I promise you that as you do, you will feel the love of the Savior for that person and His love for you, and it will not seem to come from a great distance. For you, that challenge may be in a family, it may be in a community, or it may be across a nation.

No comments: